Friday, October 8, 2010

Why blog?

I recently started writing at a new blog : lifeandpepper.blogspot.com and I have been thinking about why I write on a blog made public for everyone in the world to read and write some thing there while trying not to talk about my identity in the real world while also giving out the blog address to people I know personally. (Phew, long sentence)
What do I write on the internet for. Is it some kind of deluded sense of being a good writer / an attempt to improve on skills / a record of life and the way I am going through it / trying to tell people "look I exist, I am witty, I am talented!!!!" and sounding like a big bore really.

If you blog, tell me why you do. I want to know what the reason for this endless number of blogs that are written and very rarely read.

9 comments:

nanda said...

I write because
1. i think i need to write how i felt,
2. to capture emotions in words,
3. to verbalize situations that i saw/experienced, and imagine what could happen next from my point of view,
4. to account for all those moments in life which set my mind to think about it

I blog because:
1. To share what i have written, because that is how i interpreted them,
and that is me. So that when others read, they can imagine what I felt, and share their thoughts if any on such things.

It is like wanting to connect with people, because when they relate to it, it kind of makes me happy, for I have captured some moment which others have only felt it some time and they re-live it when they read it.

PS: ur posts are read.. ;)

Amber Light said...

Thanks Nanda! for reading my posts. I re-read this post and realized I sound so bitter! I am not. I write when I feel creative and I am glad to read my posts some time later and think. Sometimes it is just a sounding post. Sometimes it is a message I want to shout out to the world imagining in vain that I reach out to a wide audience.
That brings the question: why do people read blogs?

nanda said...

i read for time-pass, creative entertainmenr :)

Matangi Mawley said...

My blog is a pensive! so many thoughts get cramped up in my mind- i go crazy... it is just a space- where i place them whenever i feel i was going to crack up.

Amber Light said...

Matangi, the thoughts that I see posted on your blog! I wouldn't mind have those getting cramped in my head! :-)

intruder said...

I dont blog but I waste heap of valuable time reading other people blog. Yea please ignore this not-so-necessary comment.

intruder said...

oh btw, whatever happened to - 'I will make a change'

Amber Light said...

Hello intruder,

Thanks for dropping in.
As it happens with many of my projects, life took over with will make change. I have moved too far away geographically to do anything.

I have retained the writings on that blog and very soon, when I am rich enough to have people listening to me I will put things in practice. I hope I will be able to find you then? :)

intruder said...

Oh yea if you are Rich and wanting to do Charity work, I may be able to help? but like you I'm far away but that should not stop me from doing things via the WWW... so yep you can count on the intruder to be around :)