Friday, June 21, 2013

Failing at it

Most of what I will do, I will fail at. I have come to terms with that now. There is no shame in that. Everybody fails, but will not tell you that they have. It is a secret that they would like to keep. It is also a lie that they tell themselves.

We do go out and quote the greats. Failure is a stepping stone... Failure means that you are trying. He who has never failed has never risked ... so on and on.  But when it comes to actually failing ourselves... it is a disaster and a disgrace to us. We would never agree to accept it.

Starting today I am going to go out and fail mindfully. Failed conversations, failed thought processes, failed attempts at being a better person. I will acknowledge this failure and feel proud of it. I will analyze the hell out of that failure and try to build theories around the reasons for me being so bad at whatever matters. And I will know that it is what I am and accept it. But you are not going to catch me feeling sorry for myself.

No comments: