Sunday, August 11, 2013

Moderation

My attention seems to stretch and stray towards these polar opposites. I read articles online about daily happenings and news that are scholarly and almost snobbish. On the other hand I view pages and pages of gif-based 'memes' (I hate that I put those quote marks there but I can't help it),  pictures with punch lines in bold Impact font and the infamous cheezburger pictures. I am afraid that my brain will split in two pieces: each of them will mock each other with contrasting language styles: long, pedantic snobbery versus misspelled punch lines. The battle that will rage on between these warring parties will blow everything around it up and then from the ashes will rise the mediocre writing that I myself will create. I can haz sum hurrays pleez?

No comments: