Friday, December 14, 2007

The Message You sent

A blooming bud
The call of a bird
The shrill cry of a vendor
A child running with all his might
so he doesn't miss his school bus.

The light grows
Last night's quiet goes
The world wakes up
The insects hurry back
into their dark, hidden homes

With the sun
a new day is born
A fresh hope is kindled
The entire land wakes up,
breathes, smiles, celebrates. Unlearns.

I watch amazed
This thought inside me blazes
that I cannot ever count
the number of magical mornings
that I have wasted

These precious, pristine moments
spent inside walls of indifference and cement
Snoring, slumbering, spent away
But not anymore.
I received the Message You sent.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo!!! Not many get the message in time. But again, it's never too late:)
Keep it rollin;)

Anonymous said...

Thank me ......:-), but dont say Thank You.

Anonymous said...

wonderful poem...:)

keep writing!!

Anonymous said...

Life is like an ocean -unexplored,majestic,mysterious,unfathomable ,challenging and trying to put in words is like counting waves all through the year but you have tried and it makes sense.inspiring poetry