Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Sleep-time Solliloquy

I moved as though I was floating across the lawn. My long and flowing robes rustled around me and moved gently with the wind. Then I decided, not consciously though, that I need not walk at all! I could bounce along the small grassy mounds. And I did. I bounced like a ball and leaped to thrice my height effortlessly. It was an exhilarating and beautiful feeling. While I bounced up and down the lawns I thought : "Gravity is like our concept of God. We do not see it. Yet we feel it and know it is there. We believe that it is going to keep us rooted to the ground and not let us float away into space."

I don't remember the rest of the dream.

Normally, I mix some of my waking imagination with the stuff of my dreams when I write about them. But this dream is just too precious and wonderfully weird to write as a story.

No comments: