Thursday, August 23, 2007

Admiration

I am settling down in this comfy chair to write about one person I adore, admire in my mind and absolutely put down outside... Amma.
She has to be the most amazing person I have ever known. I know everyone says this about their mothers. But, when I distance myself from what and who I am, as I usually do, and look at this lady... I am filled with wonder. I am curious sometimes as to what she is really made of, what is there in that mind of hers. What does she really think. What does she think of me. I am totally clueless as to where she gets that energy, enthusiasm and pure love for everyone who comes by.
I have never ever seen her jealous or filled with hatred for anyone. Never any negative emotion. Never grumbling or complaining about anything. She can live on just air and tea and still work like a slave, always cheerful and energetic. She grins all the time like a Cheshire cat, even if you are making endless fun of her, like we do often. I feel ashamed when I say something very damaging, sarcastic and about her and still get a hearty laugh from her at the dark humour (if you can call it that) in what ever I say.
She has many interests ( some obsessive interests) like sudoku, card games, sudoku, and adventures into orkut and blogger, sudoku and ... some sudoku. :D She just loves that game. She can sit for hours on end peering at the screen with her glasses to play the game on the computer till someone very rudely reminds her that she has a hungry family to feed. It is amazing how she learns things. She has to be the most computer and Internet-savvy person of her age that I know. When she gets time on the computer, which she rarely gets these days with 3 strong competitors for this seat, and when she makes up her mind that sudoku is not the thing to do now, she goes out and takes several worlds by storm. You can see her on orkut, you can see her on "tagged" and many other sites. She loves exploring!
She has been a major influence in my life, in spite of the fact that she has never imposed anything on us. She has to be the most liberal and understanding parent. She is always a friend and more often a sort of child to us! And she has immense belief in us. In spite of the fact that I am acting like an extremely selfish being these days, she has kept up her trust in me. I am more than thankful. She is always the perfect fan. It struck me from the blue to see a comment on this blog from her when I had never told her that I blog or my blog address or that there is such a thing as a blog. At the drop of a hat she can actually start telling us about blogs and vlogs. The latter I had never heard of, till she told me. Strange role reversals.
If there is one person I look at as a role model - it has to be you amma!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this doesn't require a comment.. does it..?? :)